Friday, May 9, 2014

MY PROVERBS 31 WOMAN

Have you seen how a lighthouse stands stately along the shores?
Overlooking the wide and deep ocean
Spreading its light all over the waters
To brighten the path of sleepy sailors
As they propel their weary bones home
Have you seen how huge and strong Corinthian pillars are?
How they support colossal edifices
Exuding so much strength and beauty
Have you seen a coach before?
Pushing the team to go for the gold
Urging them not to back down no matter what
Celebrating the wins and sharing the losses anyway
Have you seen a real nurse before?
Nursing and patching wounds and hurts
Mopping foreheads during dark fevered nights
Holding tiny bodies through painful needles
Now that’s my Mamma right there
She is all these and more
I could actually go on and on and on
Finding philosophies to juxtapose my Mamma
My words may not end but my ink will sure dry up
Before it does, I would like to say s’more
You see, I am yet to find people who multitask more than mothers
You name it
They are wives, mothers, hairdressers, cooks, cheerleaders, nurses, chauffeurs,
The list keeps growing!
Every woman has the potential to be a mother
But there are ones who are gifted and do excel
I am blessed to have more than one mother figure in my life
But indeed my Mamma tops the chart
       

No comments:

Post a Comment