She was an unusual one
Her ebony skin, smooth and shiny
Her eyes, the color of cinnamon on her
carefully sculpted face
Hidden behind a set of white teeth and
thick lips was her radiant smile
Ringed neck sat neatly upon her slender
shoulders
And traced down to a sweet rounded bosom
In my eyes, she was the epitome of
beauty and perfection
But she would not speak!
I wanted to be pretty like her but I
didn’t want to be mute
Then mother told the three year old me
You can only be you
Akuaba is just a doll made by man
You have the chance to transform and
become better each day.
Seasons have come and gone
Akuaba is still the same
And I, I have grown, I have changed and
I have become a better me
Now all I want to be is me.
No comments:
Post a Comment